Monday, July 30, 2018

I was right (Star Wars edition)



Back in this post in January, I said I suspected that Lucasfilm didn't kill off Princess Leia in the last Star Wars movie because they were sitting on footage of the late Carrie Fisher they could use for the next Star Wars movie.

Lucasfilm though said, no, there's no more footage.

I didn't believe them.

I was right.

They just announced the casting for the next movie and they said they would use footage of Carrie Fisher.

It just didn't make sense for me that they'd keep the character alive unless more footage existed.

Whether or not they'll be able to incorporate the footage into the film so it makes sense is a whole other thing. The big continuity disconnect between the last and most recent films though make me think I shouldn't expect the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment